Software Engineer - New Grad
At Continuuity, you will work on challenging, previously unsolved distributed-systems problems while building our bleeding edge, Big Data application server. You will apply your knowledge of software design principles, system programming, algorithms, data structure and many other programming skills. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to and work with many vibrant Open Source communities. While collaborating with some of the leading minds in Big Data, combined with a great environment that reflects our cultural values (empowerment, trust, fearlessness, teamwork, and excellence), you will experience and learn what it means to be an entrepreneur. You will be involved in creating sales pitches, collateral, proof-of-concepts, and customer engagement associated with your work. You will have the chance to make a huge impact on a growing company.
- Design and develop elegant solutions for solving complex problems
- Present your work to the team internally and engage externally with the developer community through conference, blogs and tech talks
- Get involved in code critic and design discussions
- Graduation on or before May 2014
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field with academic knowledge of computer science.
- Strong programming and analytical skills
- Ability to program in Java, C/C++ or Scala
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python, Perl or Ruby
- Self-aware and self-driven with strong communication and collaboration skills
Continuuity was founded with the single goal of providing simple access to complex technology. Big Data veterans from Facebook and Yahoo founded the company in late 2011. We’ve carefully hand picked every member of our team from a variety of top companies such as Facebook, Yahoo, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, Oracle, IBM, and Intel. We work in a fast paced, dynamic environment that demands teamwork, drive and attention to details. Our products, Continuuity Reactor and Continuuity Loom enable a broad range of developers to build Big Data applications. Learn more about us at http://www.continuuity.com and also check out our open source contributions like Apache Twill and Continuuity Loom. We are headquartered in Palo Alto, CA and are backed by top-tier investors – Battery Ventures, Ignition Partners, and Andreessen Horowitz.