Software Engineer - Frontend
We are hiring a full stack engineer to work on tools that visualize our data-crunching platform, applications that run on it, and data that flows through it. For us, it's about ease-of-use. A Big Data platform that makes sense. Friendly user experiences on top of big, scary infrastructure. Join a team of Big Data pioneers and make major contributions to products that will be used by developers around the world.
- Build real time single page web apps
- Develop data querying tools, process visualizations and data visualizations
- Identify and communicate best practices for stability, testing and deployment
- Expert knowledge of building server side applications using Nodejs or similar web platforms
- Experience with a variety of UI tools/frameworks like Backbone.js, Ember.js, Angular.js and jQuery
- Solid understanding of HTTP, REST and client/server communication
- Experience with a variety of graphing and charting libraries like D3.js
- Ability to implement responsive design that works on all devices
- Understanding of Test Driven Development, unit testing, continuous integration for web applications
- Genuine interest in building the next generation web apps
- Be sure to get in touch with us. This is an opportunity to have a big impact at a promising startup with many exciting challenges ahead.
Continuuity was founded with the single goal of providing simple access to complex technology. Big Data veterans from Facebook and Yahoo founded the company in late 2011. We’ve carefully hand picked every member of our team from a variety of top companies such as Facebook, Yahoo, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, Oracle, IBM, and Intel. We work in a fast paced, dynamic environment that demands teamwork, drive and attention to details. Our products, Continuuity Reactor and Continuuity Loom enable a broad range of developers to build Big Data applications. Learn more about us at http://www.continuuity.com and also check out our open source contributions like Apache Twill and Continuuity Loom. We are headquartered in Palo Alto, CA and are backed by top-tier investors – Battery Ventures, Ignition Partners, and Andreessen Horowitz.