Developing the Continuuity Reactor platform presents complex distributed computing challenges. You’ll have the opportunity to implement complex algorithms on the Hadoop/HBase/YARN/Twill stack. You’ll apply your knowledge of software design principles, systems programming, algorithms, data structures, Java and C/C++. You’ll also contribute to and work with the Open Source development community. The ideal candidate will be able to scope and frame undefined problems using intuition, common sense, relevant data, and strong academic knowledge of computer science (algorithms, data structures, etc.). You will be asked to lead the design and implementation of key features and components of the Continuuity Reactor.
- Deeply understand the Continuuity Platform and underlying implementations
- Build our platforms, systems and big data infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems and large scale storage systems
- Participate in code review, design discussions & process improvements.
- Engage with the developer community through conferences, blogs, hackathons, etc.
- Contribute to complex design and development efforts
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science or a related field, with academic knowledge of computer science (algorithms, data structures etc.)
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Strong systems programming background. Multi-process, distributed computing, performance analysis and optimization experience highly desirable.
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, and HBase preferred
- Participatation in the full life cycle of a large project: designing, implementing, testing, releasing and sustaining
- Proficient with Java, C/C++, event-driven programming and concurrent programming
- Solid object-oriented programming experience
- Experience with Ruby, Perl or Python
- Proficient with Unix/Linux tools and utilities
- Self-driven with strong communication and collaboration skills
Continuuity was founded with the single goal of providing simple access to complex technology. Big Data veterans from Facebook and Yahoo founded the company in late 2011. We’ve carefully hand picked every member of our team from a variety of top companies such as Facebook, Yahoo, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, Oracle, IBM, and Intel. We work in a fast paced, dynamic environment that demands teamwork, drive and attention to details. Our products, Continuuity Reactor and Continuuity Loom enable a broad range of developers to build Big Data applications. Learn more about us at http://www.continuuity.com and also check out our open source contributions like Apache Twill and Continuuity Loom. We are headquartered in Palo Alto, CA and are backed by top-tier investors – Battery Ventures, Ignition Partners, and Andreessen Horowitz.