Continuuity's IT Contractor will support users with hardware and software issues including repairs, enhancements, new installations and various other IT related problems. They will set-up, deploy, troubleshoot, fix and upgrade computers, software and other equipment. They will be responsible for maintaining the corporate network, including wireless, wired and VPN networks.
- Employee laptop and mobile device setup, configuration and support based on security standards including SaaS solutions.
- New hire computer, mobile and IT services orientation; employee exit management
- Troubleshoots system hardware/software problems in a mixed (OSX, *nix, Win ) environment
- Assist with provisioning and maintaining virtual machines
- Set up firewalls, VPN, etc.
- Establish a backup strategy and ensure backups, replication jobs, and system monitoring tools are kept current
- Assist with ergonomics requests (raising desks, etc.) for office workstations
- Establish a ticketing system for IT support using JIRA and maintain JIRA
- Maintain asset tagging
- Maintain IT documentation
- Prevent, monitor and respond to ensure user issues, escalating as appropriate
- Anticipate changes in resource requirements and plan and execute appropriate
- 2-4+ years of experience in a desktop or IT support role
- Strong experience troubleshooting, triaging and resolving technical issues.
- General networking knowledge
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Strong communication, organization and time management skills
- On-call availability for nights and weekends
- Good knowledge of supporting cloud-based services such as Google Apps and Mac OSX
- Basic knowledge of Linux
- Demonstrate initiative, patience, enthusiasm, creativity and flexibility
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy and follow-through
Continuuity was founded with the single goal of providing simple access to complex technology. Big Data veterans from Facebook and Yahoo founded the company in late 2011. We’ve carefully hand picked every member of our team from a variety of top companies such as Facebook, Yahoo, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, Oracle, IBM, and Intel. We work in a fast paced, dynamic environment that demands teamwork, drive and attention to details. Our products, Continuuity Reactor and Continuuity Loom enable a broad range of developers to build Big Data applications. Learn more about us at http://www.continuuity.com and also check out our open source contributions like Apache Twill and Continuuity Loom. We are headquartered in Palo Alto, CA and are backed by top-tier investors – Battery Ventures, Ignition Partners, and Andreessen Horowitz.