Develop operational solutions for Continuuity products and services. Define the problem space, study varying approaches, estimate levels of effort, calculate the economics, and determine the impact on the total system. Anticipate and model operational problems by studying operating targets, modes of operation, monitoring unit performance and the like.
- Operations and automation of our BigData PaaS infrastructure
- Design and develop tools to automate, provision, deploy, monitor and manage all cloud infrastructure
- Work closely with engineering team and influence architecture and design of our software
- Help our customers debug and solve operational problems
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of DevOps experience
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux tools and utilities
- Admire the brilliance of configuration management (currently using Chef)
- Have a strange love for monitoring and capacity planning tools (e.g., Nagios, Ganglia, Graphite, statsd, logstash)
- Systems programming and scripting capabilities in a dynamic language (for example Ruby, Python, and of course BASH)
- Thoroughly understand networks, security, load balancers, DNS and other infrastructure components
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing efficiently
- Love working in a DevOps environment
- Excellent collaborator with strong communication skills
Continuuity was founded with the single goal of providing simple access to complex technology. Big Data veterans from Facebook and Yahoo founded the company in late 2011. We’ve carefully hand picked every member of our team from a variety of top companies such as Facebook, Yahoo, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, Oracle, IBM, and Intel. We work in a fast paced, dynamic environment that demands teamwork, drive and attention to details. Our products, Continuuity Reactor and Continuuity Loom enable a broad range of developers to build Big Data applications. Learn more about us at http://www.continuuity.com and also check out our open source contributions like Apache Twill and Continuuity Loom. We are headquartered in Palo Alto, CA and are backed by top-tier investors – Battery Ventures, Ignition Partners, and Andreessen Horowitz.